The teen years are an exciting time of growing autonomy and independence for children. Some teens really thrive with a little bit of extra support during this period to ensure they’re reaching potential and participating fully in all aspects of their life.
Stepping Stones can support teens with:
- Making and keeping friends
- Arranging social outings with friends
- Transitioning to high school
- Participating fully in the classroom and playground
- Having the independence skills to attend school camp
- Developing good study routines for high school
- Community management skills (e.g.: filling in forms, going shopping, taking holidays etc)
- Managing public transport
- Household management skills (e.g.: cooking, cleaning up, paying bills etc)
- Preparing for getting a casual job
We support teens up until 18 years of age.